Jermaine Jones will be kicked off “American Idol” on Wednesday’s show, following the revelation that the singer hid his criminal past from producers.
The finalist, who ironically was eliminated earlier in the season before being brought back, allegedly concealed that he was charged with two crimes — one violent — in 2011, and still has warrants out for his arrest.
Jones confirmed his disqualification on Twitter late Tuesday, tweeting, “Awww I will no longer b on the show.”
Producers began investigating Jones’ background after conflicting reports emerged as to whether he and his father were really estranged, as he had claimed during his emotional audition, according to TMZ.
- Jermaine Jones to Be Booted from American Idol (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- American Idol Contestant Jermaine Jones Kicked Off Idol (inquisitr.com)
- Jermaine Jones disqualified from ‘American Idol’? (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Jermaine Jones to be booted off ‘American Idol’ due to criminal history (examiner.com)
- 3/13/12: American Idol Contestant Jermaine Jones Gets the Boot; Police Warrants (brittaj17.wordpress.com)
- Jermaine Jones Has Trouble With American Idol (q104.radio.com)
- Is American Idol’s Jermaine Jones Getting the Boot? (eonline.com)
- ‘American Idol’: If Jermaine Jones is out, should there be another elimination this week? (popwatch.ew.com)
- Jermaine Jones Will Be Kicked Off ‘American Idol’ – TMZ.com (tmz.com)
- Jermaine Jones Lies About Father, Angers American Idol Producers (thehollywoodgossip.com)