Alongside rooms peopled with visions of technological futures and carefully calibrated self-promotion, Jeffrey Tambor is urging two young actors to scream and wrestle with each other.
This has become an annual tradition at South By Southwest, the yearly tech, film and music gathering in Austin. Tambor, the booming baritone character actor of “Arrested Development,’’ “The Larry Sanders Show’’ and many films, has hosted his acting workshop, “Performing Your Life,’’ for the past five years.
The contrast of Tambor at SXSW can be stark. Tambor’s only gadget is a microphone. He has little interest in hyping his career. And he refuses to present himself as a divined oracle of certainty.
- ‘Arrested Development’ Movie: Jeffrey Tambor Says Hurry Up (abcnews.go.com)
- Blu-ray Review: Meeting Spencer (blogcritics.org)
- SXSW Comedy Announces Podcast Lineup (huffingtonpost.com)
- 8 Sessions You Shouldn’t Miss at SXSW Interactive (methodshop.com)
- #SXSW 2012 Film and Interactive Photo & Video Policies (offonatangent.blogspot.com)
- Apps Are the Talk of SXSW (devx.com)
- How to Survive #SXSW Whether You’re There or Not (likeable.com)
- How to Speak With Confidence At SXSW (socialtimes.com)
- SXSW 2012: British ad agency turns homeless into wifi hotspots (telegraph.co.uk)
- See the Best SXSW Panels, Illustrated [PICS] (mashable.com)