(Reuters) – Actor Michael Madsen, known for roles in films such as “Thelma & Louise,” was arrested for child cruelty after getting into a fight with his teenage son, authorities said on Saturday.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said Madsen, 54, was arrested at his Malibu, California, home on Friday afternoon by deputies investigating a report of a family disturbance.
Madsen “appeared under the influence of alcohol,” the sheriff’s department said in a statement. He was arrested without incident.
The Chicago-born actor, best known for his roles in films such as “Reservoir Dogs,” “Thelma & Louise” and “Kill Bill,” was booked and jailed on charges of cruelty to a child.
His bail was set at $100,000.
- Michael Madsen Arrested, Charged With Child Cruelty (newsy.com)
- Michael Madsen arrested after alleged fight with son (ctv.ca)
- ‘Kill Bill’ actor Michael Madsen jailed in Malibu (pbpulse.com)
- Michael Madsen, Kill Bill Star, Arrested for Child Cruelty (people.com)
- Michael Madsen Busted for Child Cruelty (eonline.com)
- Actor Michael Madsen arrested on child cruelty charges. WTH? (economy4abc.blogspot.com)
- Actor Michael Madsen arrested for alleged cruelty to teenage son (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Michael Madsen arrested after alleged fight with his son (thesun.co.uk)
- Actor Michael Madsen arrested in Malibu for cruelty to child (abclocal.go.com)
- ‘Kill Bill,’ ‘Reservoir Dogs’ actor Michael Madsen jailed in Malibu – Detroit Free Press (freep.com)